Antonelli's Cheese-Tasting Events
*Yes! We're hosting Virtual Tastings during the pandemic!* Looking for an educational, enlightening and most of all tasty food experience in Austin? Join fellow cheese lovers for an unforgettable cheese-tasting event! Named "one of the best food experiences in Austin," Antonelli's Cheese Shop’s guided wine and cheese tours and tasting events are a fun and delicious way to connect to the community through enjoying and exploring flavors, bites and beverage pairings made by local, domestic and international artisans.
Our guided tasting classes and events are a fun and tasty way to connect to your community through enjoying and exploring flavors, bites, and pairings made by local, domestic, and international artisans.View All Classes
Let us help plan your event!
During this pandemic, we want to stay in business, keep our team employed, help our artisan makers, AND continue offering you something fun, tasty, and educational to do. To that end, we are hosting DAILY virtual tastings for those in Austin. (We cannot ship these tastings. Outside Austin? Order our new Cheese 101 in a Box to be shipped!)
Here’s a breakdown of our different events. Each has its own unique platform, style, and goals. We encourage you to try (at least) one of each style! And thanks to those of you who keep coming back to us. Note that all ticket prices are intended per person and include a cheese plate; you’ll pick up the day of the event in a designated time window via contactless curbside OR you can select to have it delivered for $12. (We arrange delivery through a 3rd party.)
This is what we offered in person before the pandemic, and they’ve simply gone virtual. Offered almost daily!
- Small groups of 20-30
- Hosted by 1-2 of our cheese educators/teachers
- Via private video conferencing Zoom (link sent the day of the event)
- Have to join at the exact time (ie not accessible later)
- You can opt to have your camera on or off, can ask questions out loud or type them into chat
- Also available as private parties! (with a minimum group of 12 plates purchased)
- Price starts at $40pp, depending on event
- WHY? So many different teachers who each share various stories. So many different topics. You can interact.
Facebook Live with the Antonellis:
- Every Wednesday, up to 150 people!
- Hosted by Kendall and John Antonelli from their living room
- Via Facebook Live (visit our facebook page and click on the videos icon)
- Live from 6-7pm BUT you can access the video anytime later that evening from our facebook page
- Less interactive; you type in questions via the comments
- Price is $30pp; tickets and topics here.
- WHY? See the Antonellis go a little wacky and just have fun, perhaps a guest appearance from Antonelli children. You can choose to watch the video at a different time and follow along with the tasting then.
Behind the Scenes / Meet the Maker:
- Generally offered on Saturdays from 6-7:30pm
- Up to 100 people
- Via private video conferencing Zoom (link sent day of event)
- All cameras/mics off except presenters; can type in questions via chat
- Price is $40pp
- WHY? This mashup of pre-recorded and live videos offers a “behind the scenes” look at operations not generally open to the public, while going through a tasting. Hear directly from herd managers, makers, cheesemongers, importers, and more. Because folks are reporting from the pasture and behind vats, anything can happen. This is a go-with-the-flow style event. Each is unique and different and has truly been John’s fave pleasure during sheltering at home. Still includes a whole cheese plate but less emphasis on the actual tasting and more on the stories behind the cheese.
Without further ado, check out what's coming up here!
Words From Our Attendees
"The Entire Staff at Antonelli's knows way too much about cheese! If you're looking for something unique to do, this is it!"
"It's been eight months since we held our regional planning meeting at Antonelli's, and the team is still talking about it today."
"What a FANTASTIC time we all had last night!!! Just when I thought I couldn't love cheese more, now I know so much and found new favorites!"
"We had SUCH a great time! I don't think we could have picked a better location for an event... the cheesemonger was fantastic."
"Everyone had a wonderful time! I am so impressed by the knowledge and the genuine love of cheese your cheesemongers have."